The Annual Meeting of the Parish Council was held on Monday
the 14th day of SEPTEMBER 2015 at the Methodist Chapel,
COUNCILLORS PRESENT: Mrs Batten (Chairwoman), Mr Lambert, (Vice Chair), Messrs Cooper, Leamon, Rayner and Storey, Mrs Bane and Mrs McGeeney. Also present 3 members of the public.
APOLOGIES: Received from Mr Cock, Mrs Mills and Squadron Leader Neilds.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: None.
MINUTES of the last meeting were taken as read, agreed and duly signed by the Chairwoman.
PUBLIC SPEAKING: The meeting was suspended for 2 minutes to allow members of the public to speak.
1. RAF Feltwell Sq Leader Neilds was not present, therefore there was no report.
2. SNT Email received. 1 crime reported; Food items and cash taken from the money box by means unknown.
3. Risk Assessment
Mrs Batten carried out the playing field inspection on Friday 11th
September. There is weed growth around
the perimeter and bins are half full showing that they are being used. A large bean bag has appeared which is very
heavy and needs removing. The fence
4. Balance Sheet No queries.
6. NALC Weekly updates.
8. Trees Playing Field Pine trees were felled 14th September. Large logs to be taken away by Mr Peckham, smaller logs are available to the public. Site has been left clean and tidy and it was felt the surgeon had made a good job. The tree stumps have been cut down to ground level.
9. Grounds Maintenance Contract A further email has been received from someone who is still concerned about the state of her fathers grave in St Nicholas graveyard and very irate because she feels the Council have done nothing about it. Mr Lambert and Mrs Batten have both been to the graveyard and Mrs Batten has subsequently contacted CGM who said they would reseed the area again this week. Mrs Batten will go to the graveyard later this week to ensure this has happened. Mr Lambert is of the opinion that the grass will re-grow but it will take time. The ground is also very unlevel which makes the grass very difficult to cut. Clerk to respond to the email to advise the matter was discussed and that the council are monitoring the situation.
MATTERS ARISING CONT
Mr Storey is still concerned about the number of complaints received about the grass cutting and it was suggested that when the contract is up for renewal at the end of October, alternative contractors ought to be contacted direct and asked to tender. Clerk advised invoice had been received from CGM for £1277.70 + VAT as per the Councils terms of 50% to be paid at the end of the first half year.
10. Elections No applications have been received regarding the casual vacancy in the Anchor Ward.
11. Pensions Regulator Ongoing.
12. Report to Highways Clerk reported that all highways issues are in hand and read out email received from Martin Edmunds from Highways stating that repairs will be done as resources and budget allows. Mr Storey said that other parishes are also disappointed with the service they currently receive from Highways and while he can understand the reasons stated in Martin Edmunds email, he is going to take this matter forward. Clerk also to write to Karl Rands, the Line Manager, to pursue the matter.
13. Playing Field Swings The swing frame was erected on Friday 11th September and the swings will be fitted w/c 14th September. They have been erected on the grass as the hardstanding area was too small to accommodate them. Mrs Batten was pleased with the frame structure.
14. Play Equipment Inspection Mr Lambert to push the gate posts back in order for the chain link fencing to be fitted. Clerk has not had a response from Mr Samuels but presented three prices for supply of a replacement polycarbonate panel for the teen shelter. Mr Leamons supplier advised him to go straight to the manufacturers for a more competitive price. Mr Leamon will report at next meeting.
15. Bench Clerk presented prices for both wooden and recycled plastic picnic tables and benches. Mrs McGeeney suggested contacting the Playing Fields Association (PFA) to investigate whether the council would be eligible for funding. Clerk to contact the PFA. Council decided to purchase the recycled plastic picnic bench from NBB at a cost of £440.00 + VAT together with an anchor kit. Proposed by Mrs Batten, all in favour.
16. Mr & Mrs Massingham Clerk has written to Mr & Mrs Massingham but as yet has not had a response as to when the tree will be removed.
17. One-way System Clerk has contacted the Police but has not had a response as yet.
18. Briefing sessions (i) Local Plan Site Allocations & Development
Management Policies Development Plan Document (ii) 5 year land supply The Clerk has not received any
correspondence regarding this but Mr Storey advised the meeting that the
inspector is coming back to reconvene re the LDF site on 30th
September 2015 with a series of meetings being held until mid December. Most are to be held at Lynnsport although two
are being held at the Council Offices in
MATTERS ARISING CONT
20. Insurance Renewal The current 3-year policy is up for renewal on the 1st October 2015 at a cost of £2047.90 for the remaining year. However, should the Council decide to enter into another long term agreement, ending September 2018, the annual premium will be reduced to £1945.51. Clerk to investigate amount paid last year and to obtain quotations on a like for like basis. Due to the imminent renewal date, Clerk to email details to Councillors who must respond asap. Mr Storey proposed, Mrs Batten seconded, all in favour.
21. NCC Various emails received.
22. BCKLWN Parish training sessions
23. Mini Miss England Mrs Batten advised that the Council do not offer donations
25. Community Action Norfolk Support available for Poor Relief Charities
26. Brochures Parish Magazine, Clerks & Councils Direct
27. Flyers Hags SMP, Invitation to Fire Industry Manufacturers Expo
29. CGM Letter advising change of correspondence address for sales accounting
30. UKPN Invitation to stakeholders to attend the next Critical Friends Panel session
31. CHEQUES - Were signed for the following J Martin £655.27, L Peckham £24.00, S Sargent £126.03, Methodist Church £12.75, Cash £10.00, G Smith £36.00, Post Office Ltd (SSE) £537.96, CGM £1533.24, BT £24.23, Viridor £107.64, Mazars £240.00. A cheque was also signed for Came & Company £2047.90 on 24th September 2015 to renew the insurance policy for the remaining year.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
33. Report to Highways White lines are missing at
the junction of
34. Barclays Letter received from Barclays advising that as of 10th November 2015, their current process of sending back original paper cheques with bank statements will no longer be available. Clerk verified this with NALC who confirmed that this was acceptable under the Governance and Accountability for Local Councils 2014 with particular reference to Appendix 10 Safeguarding Public Money.
35. Fire Extinguisher Tests Carried out on the four fire extinguishers in the Changing Rooms 14th September 2015.
36. Ranger Visit Taking place w/c 19th October 2015. Any issues to be reported to the Clerk by 20th September 2015.
37. Hedge Trim Overgrown hedges at 7 Oak Street and 7a Oak Street need cutting back, Clerk to write to owners.
MATTERS ARISING CONT
39. Traffic Lights on Lodge Road Mrs McGeeney asked how long these would be in place and the response was three months.
40. Bottle Banks Mrs McGeeney had noticed a box of items had been left by the bottle bank. Clerk to put notice in parish magazine asking people to put their rubbish in the bins and if they are full to take it elsewhere.
41. Hazardous Waste Amnesty- Certain items of household hazardous waste can be disposed of at one of the Household Hazardous Waste Amnesty events. These will be running at selected Recycling Centres over specific weekends in September 2015, Thetford Recycling Centres event is 19th & 20th September 2015. Further details can be found on the NCC website.
42. Parish Partnership Scheme Mr Storey reminded the parish council that the deadline is 15th December 2015. To be discussed at next meeting.
43. Stationery Clerk presented prices for Allotment Garden Rent Receipt Book at £16.40 plus vat and Receipts and Payments Book at £59.00 plus vat and asked if she could reorder. Mr Lambert proposed, Mrs Bane seconded, all in favour.
44. Edmund de Moundeford Trust Expiry of Trustee Term Mr Storeys term is due to expire November 2015, to be discussed at next months meeting.
Next meeting to be held 12th October 2015 at 7.30 pm.
Meeting declared closed 9.04 pm.
Planning Two-storey side extension to dwelling at 4 Camp Close Approved by Mrs Batten,
Mr Lambert and Mrs McGeeney on 24th September 2015