The Meeting of the Parish Council was held on Monday the 12th day of JUNE 2017 at the Methodist Chapel, Bell Street – commencing 7.30 pm


COUNCILLORS PRESENT:  Mrs Batten, Messrs Lambert, Cock, Cooper, Leamon and Rayner, Mrs Bane and Mrs McGeeney.  Also present 3 members of the public.


APOLOGIES:  Received from Mrs Arnold and Mr Storey.


DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:  Mr Rayner declared an interest in Planning.


MINUTES:  Minutes of the last meeting were taken as read, agreed and duly signed by the Chairwoman.  


PUBLIC SPEAKING:  The meeting was suspended for 10 minutes to allow members of the public to speak.




1.      RAF Feltwell – Sq Leader Neilds sent his apologies and the Clerk read out an email from him stating that he has been informed by Rene Garner that the White Dyke/Black Dyke hedges and the hedges along Long Lane will not be cut by the USAF this year or for the foreseeable future.  Mr Lambert asked Clerk to contact Highways re the verge along Black Dyke as this is particularly dangerous.  There is no further news re relocation of firing and demolition activities but this is ongoing (see Item 18).  Mr Rayner said he had seen a press release about USAF and RAF Lakenheath pairing up and using Salisbury plain for demolitions and explosions.  Clerk to email Sq Leader Neilds to enquire if consequently these will reduce in Feltwell.


2.      SNT –Various Police Connect emails have been received.  Burglary reported on Wilton Road 10/5/17.


3.      Risk Assessment – Playing Field – Mr Lambert visited the field earlier in the day.  The hole in the wall near the play area is still in need of attention.  Clerk to write to residents.  He believes now would be an ideal time for the holes in the car park to be filled and then levelled.  Play area was tidy.  The top bar on the football goal is loose and needs dealing with and there was a mess outside the changing rooms where the white lining machine had been emptied.  Clerk to write to football manager.  There is graffiti on the teen shelter.  Strimming is required around the car park fence and edge of the field.  Clerk to contact grass cutters.  Clerk said the Handyman had fixed the tennis court fence and the fence facing 44 Paynes Lane.  He has also repaired the fence damaged in the storm and an email has been received from the owner thanking the Parish Council for this.  He has also cut shrub growth from some tree stumps and will do the rest this week, cleaned the play equipment as much as possible and cleaned out the changing room gutters; he will spray the patio slabs with Round-Up supplied by Mr Cock next week.  The cleaner has cleaned the door of the changing rooms.  The annual inspection report from Playmaintain has been received and there were no high risk items.  Mrs Batten said her husband had superglued a new shackle to the cantaloupe swing and released the chain to the zip wire seat that had been tied in a knot.  Clerk read out email received from Mrs Scarff stating that she had cleaned out the scout hut gutters and fixed the broken downpipe which is consistently being vandalised.  She also cleared the path and steps down to the entrance, the pathway from the gate down the side of the scout hut and the stinging nettles that were around the gate.  She has also trimmed back new growth from the tree stump outside the scout hut as she was concerned about rubbish constantly getting put in here and found a syringe and a sanitary towel.




Clerk read out three prices for a new tennis court net, the cheapest being £114.99 inc VAT + £7.95 delivery from Networld Sports for a 3.5mm heavy duty net.  Mrs Bane proposed purchasing this, Mrs McGeeney seconded, all in favour.  Cheque to be signed at next meeting.  Mr Cooper to carry out next Playing Field inspection.


4.      Balance Sheet – No queries.  Clerk said that there is still a discrepancy of 80p.  The Bank Manager advised this was a clerical error so the Clerk has paid Viridor 80p to rectify this.


5.      Allotment Pest Control – April and May reports have been received along with a floor plan of 17 baiting points.


6.      NALC – Weekly newsletters and updates have been circulated. 


7.      Skate Park – No update.


8.      Briefing sessions (i) Local Plan – Site Allocations & Development Management Policies Development Plan Document (ii) 5 year land supply – No further news.  Mr Storey was not present to comment on the training session he was due to attend on 24th April 2017.


9.      Highways – White lines have been renewed along Hythe Road.  During Public Speaking, a resident said that there were never any telegraph poles along this stretch of Southery Road and he strongly believed they are incredibly dangerous.  Mr Leamon suggested asking Mr Storey about this. Still no response re the grups along Old Brandon Road but Clerk will keep chasing.  Roads were swept on the 9th and 10th May but High Street wasn’t swept until 15th May.  Clerk received an email from resident regarding Long Lane not being swept and the gutters need cleaning out.  Clerk to contact Highways.


10.  Street Light Replacement – Two quotes have been received from K&M Lighting; one for the same lantern as last year, the Urbis Ampera at £264.50 + VAT, and one for an alternative, the Indo Air 1, which has 1 watt less energy and is cheaper at £215 + VAT.  Clerk to obtain a sample of the cheaper lantern and to obtain further quotes.  Mrs Bane gave the Parish Council a donation of £20 for the redundant lanterns removed last year.  Maintenance contract up for renewal end July 2017, Clerk has renewal price but will obtain further quotations.


11.  Ranger Visit – Clerk has spoken with Andrew Wallace who said weeds on a path beside a highway should be sprayed twice a year and gulleys cleaned once a year.  He was concerned this had not been done and would look into it.  Clerk also advised Oak Garden needs cutting.


12.  War Memorial – Work is now complete so Clerk will do necessary paperwork for grant.  


13.  ‘STOP’ Signs –‘Give Way’ sign has been adjusted.


14.  Defibrillator – Mr Rayner said the defibrillator was live on 12th June 2017 but no training date has been advised as yet.


15.  Email re Speeding – Clerk has been informed by Andrew Wallace that an SAM2 sign costs approx £3,500.  It was felt there was no budget for this in the current financial year but it could be considered next year, as part of the Parish Partnership Scheme.


16.  Dogs on Playing Field – Ongoing.  Update to be received following review of responses to the proposed amendment to include all fenced in children’s play/recreational areas.




17.  Hedge cutting – the Base – See Item 1 above.


18.  Grass Cutting Contract – Following a concern raised during Public Speaking, Mr Cock wished to clarify that all complaints should be directed to the PCC but the grass cutting of St Nicholas Churchyard will be paid for by the Parish Council, as was agreed at the October 2016 Parish Council meeting.


19.  Junior Football Club Request – Request received from Junior FC to put up a shelf in the Changing Room kitchen to display trophies.  It was felt this should not be permitted due to problems caused if items are stolen.  Mrs Batten proposed not to allow this, all in favour.


20.  Enquiry re Property for Sale on Edmund Moundeford Road – Clerk has written to the new Housing Minister, Alok Sharma, re Orbit Housing’s attempt to sell this property.


21.  Rugby Promotion – Clerk has received Risk Assessment from Mr Soanes who had informed her later that 23 people had taken part.


22.  St Nicholas Churchyard – The Parish Council were informed during Public Speaking that the hedge has been cut but not all holes had been filled due to lack of soil.  Mr Lambert volunteered to bring some up to the graveyard.


23.  Resignation – Resignation received from Mrs Williams.  Letter of thanks to be sent. Request for election has been advertised and deadline is end of play today.  One application has been received for the position which will now be advertised locally.


24.  Website –Mr Rayner has tried to contact Mr Garland but has had no response.  Ongoing.


25.  Skip – Skip has now been removed from the green outside Addisons Close.


26.  Bus Shelter – Mrs Batten advised that the bus shelter had been vandalised with graffiti and the Handyman had done his best to clean it.




27.    Norfolk Police Connect – Various emails received and circulated 

28.    Op Randall Rural Crime – Newsletters received and circulated as appropriate

29.    Norfolk Constabulary –Email – Parish Newsletter (circulated 15/5/17)

30.    BCKLWN – Email – Planning Committee Notification – 5/6/2017 (circulated 25/5/17);

Email - West Norfolk Green Points Community Chest

31.    National Playing Fields Association – Email – Invitation to the Summer Party (17/6/17)

32.    Anglian Water Business – Letter advising transfer of water account

33.    Seafarers UK – Letter re flying the Red Ensign for Merchant Navy Day

34.    Brochures – Parish Magazine, Broxap, Clerks & Councils Direct


35.    CHEQUES – Were signed for the following – J Martin (Expenses) £23.45, S Sargent

£93.05, T George £169.56, Cash £5.00, Methodist Church £29.75, Viridor £127.16, Post

Office Ltd (SSE) £407.47, John Rolph £100.00, Berryman £18.00, TOP Garden Services £342.85, Mr Barry Reeves £30.00 


36.    PLANNING – E W Porter & Son – Erection of general purpose agricultural building at Grange Farm, Old Methwold Road – NO OBJECTIONS; Mr Dean Mayes – Extension to front of 6 Rawlins Way for kitchen – NO OBJECTIONS; Mr & Mrs Walpole – Single storey front extension and conversion and extension to garage to form annex at 59 Nightingale Lane – NO





37.  Highways – Large pothole along High Street between the Londis and the One Stop.  Clerk to contact Highways.


38.  Hedge - Hedge needs cutting along Wilton Road.  Clerk to contact Orbit Housing.


39.  Alleyway – Following an instruction from the Chair, the Clerk has written to the owners of hedges that neighbour the alleyway between Archers Avenue and Curtis Drive which need trimming back, Nos. 21 & 23 Archers Avenue.  No.21 has been trimmed but No.23 is yet to be done.


40.  Footpath – Footpath from the Chequers Public House up to the garden allotments on Hythe Road is too narrow as the verge is encroaching onto it.  Clerk to contact Rangers.


41.  West Norfolk Recycling Rewards – Mrs Bane suggested nominating Roy Peckham’s Training but will look into this further.


Next meeting to be held on Monday 10th July 2017 at 7.30 pm. Meeting declared closed 8.30 pm.