Home to FeltwellTour Feltwell Today Tour Old Feltwell See Feltwell's History Read Feltwell's History RAF Feltwell Memorial Pages Special Photo Sets
Feltwell's Timeline
Historical InfoLoops Photo of the Month Feltwellians Worldwide Feltwell Links

On with the tour

Welcome aboard the Feltwell Tour Bus

On with the tour

Your journey begins outside St Mary's Church
[Come see it as it is now[

St Mary's Church hand-coloured

stmarys_church.jpg (25326 bytes)St Mary's Church (small)maryshigh.gif (187153 bytes)stmarybellst.gif (25499 bytes) 

Please click here to enter the church or click on either bus to move on. 

Click on any thumbnail to view the full image.
(If the full image doesn't appear completely, click on your refresh button.)

For more detail about St. Mary's Church click here.

stmarychildren.gif (31659 bytes)

St. Mary's graveyard

St Mary's with gas lamp

Model of St Mary's Church (small)

Top photo is hand-coloured.
Both provided by Mr. C. Cock
Note the gas lamp to the left of the gates.    Provided by Mr. C. Cock A model of the church available for viewing inside. The door in the wall leads to the Newcomes orchard, now the war memorial.

The tower and probably the church was built by the Moundeford family.  The clock was fitted in 1833 as farm workers wages could not always run to an expensive watch.  The unused land in front of the tower was the orchard of Feltwell Hall and was given to the parish by Miss Pleasance Clough who, with the Rev. E.B. Sparke, provided the railings, seen in the photo below. The North Aisle was built by Rev Sparke in 1862 for 1500.

Yesterday's view, from the back, with Newcome Hall behind.
memorialbak.gif (38915 bytes)

Read the Feltwell
Roll of Honour.

Feltwell War Memorial stands outside S Mary's church and is built on land given to the parish by the Newcomes who lived in the Hall opposite.  The Rememberance Day parade is still an important village event.
Unveiling and Dedication Service.

rememday.gif (32749 bytes)

The new memorial from the front.

memorial_snow.jpg (21164 bytes)

Read the Feltwell
Roll of Honour.

The only remaining gas light in Feltwell (small)


Two views of the only remaining gas light in the village.   As can be seen from the photographs it stands at the entrance to an old walkway between St. Mary's Churchyard and The Beck.

Another view of the last gas light (small)