Home to FeltwellTour Feltwell Today Tour Old Feltwell See Feltwell's History Read Feltwell's History RAF Feltwell Memorial Pages Special Photo Sets
Feltwell's Timeline
Historical InfoLoops Photo of the Month Feltwellians Worldwide Feltwell Linksv

Year Picker (Use the Back button to return to this point)

1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939

For most of this decade the Town Crier was John W. Willett.

1930

  PEAR TREE FARM HOUSE demolished (Oak Street No. 13?)

1931

1932

1933

1934

16 April First move to have electric light supplied to the village byEast Anglian Electrical Supply Co.
27 April 62 people involved in putting out Mr Howlett's fire at a cost of 26-2-0.

1935

  METHODIST CHURCH erected in Bell Street.
Mains ELECTRICITY installed in the village.

1936

Old Chequers Public House Demolished and new one built.
  Oak Tree and Railings become Parish property.
11 August Parish Council accepts that 16, 75watt lamps be installed for 56-10s/yr but excl. summer time.
16 Oct. Acquisition of Sterns Acre began for the building of the current school.

1937

  TOWER MILL, at the top of Wilton Road, demolished as it is a hazard to RAF aircraft.
April Oil lamp standards to be removed.

1938

1939

Sept. WW2 started on the 3rd.
Chronology Homepage

1940 -1949 WB01512_.gif (115 bytes)