|Looking South (East side) The thatched cottage is where William Beamis lived.||Looking South (West side). The track to the right leads to Manor Farm.||Manor Farmhouse. Home of the Storey family.||Who are the children?
Provided by Robert Walden
|Looking South (West side). Note the children and the
All photographs provided by Chris Cock.
|Two views Looking North (West side). Note St. Nicholas Church
Left hand photo from Mr. Llewellyn. Added Dec. 99
|Note, on left, window of Howlett's Butcher's shop at end of the 'Old' Chequers.|
|The cream of the crop! The Borough in colour. From the same postcard series as The Chequers and the High Street.|
|The General Store in these two photos belonged to Mr Grimmer. Unfortunately it burnt down. The Elm Tree can be seen in the background of the photo on the left and the Borough can be seen to the right of the western arm of Short Beck in the photo on the right. The people are believed to be Mrs Florence Parker some of her children (incl. Kenneth Parker, right) plus others and Aubery Palmer, apprentice grocer in the doorway.|
|Left - Mr R. C. Howlett, Draper and Grocer outside his
shop. The same premises as above.
Right - Mr R. W. Howlett and son(?) outside his new shop in Short Beck
|On the left is Short Beck from the Elm junction. The car is on the garage
forecourt. Probably taken in the 1960s.
On the right is Elm Tree Farm house, c1903
-1910, now Shortlands Hotel. The lady is Mary Anne Payne.
The Payne Family
Arms Public House in Short Beck near the Elm Tree junction about 1905
Photo from Chris Cock